Identity scams need to be avoided for the security of clients and the business itself, this could only be done through the documents verification process.
Due to globalization, identity theft is currently increasing on a routine basis. This is becoming widespread as a result of con artists who steal other people’s identities to further their own interests. Digital document verification has been established for the security of such breaches. In order to combat scams, document verification is thus essential in a number of organizations, including banks, social media, online enterprises, and e-commerce. The online document verification process, which produces results with precise data protection, is the sole answer for such consequences.
Traditional Documents as a Proof of Identity
In comparison to the current way of verification, the physical type of authentication is far more difficult and time-consuming. Both the checker and the clients have numerous questions as a result of this. Clients visit businesses along with their documents in the conventional attestation process. The main reason why the manual documents verification process is not a wise option to stop fraud is that it takes many days to finish the procedure of document analysis, which also produces inaccurate results and has much more errors. Digital document checking is designed to lessen such aggressive actions. To combat scammers, the documents examination procedure makes use of AI technology. The results of this document authentication scheme are guaranteed to be correct, and it is convenient for customers as well as the officers.
Document Verification System– Combatting Fraud Cases
Financial firms like FinMA, FATF, and others are employing KYC/AML compliance to recognize firms about the proper due diligence of their consumers in an effort to reduce scam incidents. This is accomplished by taking into account the client’s documentation in order to confirm an entity’s authenticity and prevent fraud situations. Therefore, banks, legal offices, embassies, and financial organizations all use the KYC method in real. All the credit for implementing cutting-edge technology such as artificial intelligence in the documents verification process belongs to SaaS providers. An investigation that can verify a user’s identification and verify that a client is who they claim to be could be carried out in real-time.
How Do a Business Verify Documents?
There are three main steps in the process of document verification:
- The user must first provide their personal information, which includes a scanned copy of all of their official identification documents.
- The submitted information is verified in the second stage, and the provided picture is evaluated to see if it has been modified, manipulated, or changed. Customers also need to upload their most recent selfies for additional verification.
- Finally, correct and genuine results are delivered to end consumers after real-time document verification.
Benefits of Document Verification
There are various benefits when it comes to the documents verification process, like;
- The process of validation is a reliable method that authenticates documents of end-users in real-time and produces correct results.
- This is the safest and quickest method of identifying online scams.
- Documents verification process aids companies in preserving their reputation
- Following the adoption of such company practices, both firms and their clients see a significant increase in confidence during the customer identification process.
- Verification decreases the amount of human error that is present when using manual procedures.
- KYC and AML requirements are used to avoid customer identity theft.
Components for Validation of Documents
There are numerous tools available to check the verification of documents in order to ensure that they are not fakes. Rainbow prints, holograms, MRZ codes, document edges, editing, and tempering are all looked for while verifying papers. This establishes whether documents are valid, invalid, altered, or fraudulent.
Use Cases of Document Verification
Many companies employ online documents verification services in their workflow, including,
- Travel agencies
- Healthcare industries
- Banking institution
- Legal sectors
- Insurance departments
- Cryptocurrency exchanges institutions
The importance of client identity verification increases as any digital business expands, for both the company and its customers. A 2018 analysis of global fraud found that customers are most likely to give up on digital transactions when there is no obvious security procedure in place. Identity proof verification automates procedures, produces lower error rates than manual ones, and lowers business risks while boosting consumer confidence and assisting with KYC (Know Your Customer) regulatory compliance.
To guarantee that only legitimate ID is recognized, the documents verification process operates in the background. This solution examines the particular details of the individual’s identity documents to determine their legitimacy and then confirms that the names displayed in the agreement are just like the ones on their identity document, ensuring that only the individual with authorization may access the contract.
Businesses that provide digital document verification processes can easily stop identity thefts and protect their clients and company from illegal losses brought on by digital identity theft scams.