Table of Contents
Several Windows users have recently reported that they are experiencing the error code 0x0 0x0 on their computers. A numerical code is frequently associated with an error code, which provides information about the specific components or data that caused the error.
We had a look into the problem and discovered that it is usually caused by application overlap, incorrect system settings, and system inconsistencies. Several effective troubleshooting methods are listed below to assist users in resolving the issue. Get down to business, shall we?
Remove Competing Programs
Interaction between two or more software products is likely to cause the issue at hand. If this scenario applies, you must halt the competing programs to resolve the problem.
Here’s what you need to do:
- To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard at the same time. Here You will see a list of all the currently active applications.
- Right-click each and choose End Process from the menu that appears.
- End the process task
- Keep an eye out for recurrences in the error notice. After you’ve identified the problematic application, uninstall it and reinstall it. Check to see if this resolves the 0x0 0x0 error.
Use Your Computer Repair Application
Another solution that worked for several users was to use the built-in computer repair software on their PCs. Here’s how you can try it yourself.
- Open the computer repair app on your Windows PC and ensure that it is properly configured.
- Select Scan Now. This enables the utility to scan your operating system for problems.
- When the scan is finished, select the ‘Fix All’ option. This should resolve the problem.
Use the Disk Cleanup Utility
The Disk Cleanup utility operates in the same manner as any other cleaning program. It can delete unnecessary data such as system files, temporary files, and any files that are cluttered inside the computer. Cleanup process can also empty the recycle bin, freeing up some disk space.
Several users were able to resolve the 0x0 0x0 issue by using the disk cleanup utility, so we recommend you try it. What you must do is as follows:
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- In the dialog box’s text field, type Cleanmgr.exe and press Enter.
- Execute the following command: cleanmgr
- The Disk cleanup utility should now be launched. Wait until the process finishes before checking to see if the problem has been resolved.
Reinstall the Graphics Driver
A faulty graphics driver could also cause the 0x0 error code. It is therefore advised that you install the most recent graphics drivers.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- In the dialog box’s text field, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to launch Device Manager. Alternatively, you can type Device Manager into the taskbar’s search bar and select Open.
- Once in the Device Manager, find and expand the Display adapters option.
- Select Uninstall device from the context menu when you right-click on your graphics driver.
- To proceed, follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer. Following your restart, Windows will automatically install the most recent driver version.
- After rebooting, reinstall the driver from the official laptop manufacturer’s support website and see if the 0x0 0x0 error has been resolved.
Install any pending updates.
In most cases, an outdated operating system component is to blame for problems like the one at hand. If this scenario applies, you should be able to resolve the issue by installing the pending updates.
The most recent updates are jam-packed with new features and bug fixes, so you should be able to resolve the issue in no time.
To install the pending updates on your PC, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows + I keys at the same time.
- From the context menu on your screen, select Updates & Security.
- In the right panel, click Check for updates after selecting Windows Update from the left panel.
- Click on Check for updates
- If the system displays any pending updates that need to be installed, do so one at a time.
- After that, restart your computer to see if the problem has been resolved.
If the 0x0 0x0 error persists, try the next method listed below.
Troubleshoot in the Clean Boot State
A clean boot starts Windows with the bare minimum of drivers and programs, allowing you to determine whether one or more background programs are interfering with your game or application. Clean booting Windows is used to troubleshoot issues caused by automatic Windows updates, software, or device drivers.
Keep in mind one thing, you must be logged in as an Administrator to use the Clean Boot mode to troubleshoot. Start your PC in Safe Mode and see if the 0x0 0x0 error appears. If it does not occur in Safe mode, follow the steps listed below.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- In the dialogue box’s text field, type msconfig and press Enter. Alternatively, you can type ‘System Configuration’ in the taskbar’s search area and click Open.
- Select Normal startup from the General tab.
- Next, go to the Startup tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Finally, click the Disable all button.
- Turn off all Microsoft services.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- Finally, restart your computer to see if the problem persists.
Read, More About Clean Boot
Reset Your Computer
You can try resetting your PC to resolve the problem as a last resort. This is almost always the last option for resolving computer issues. It’s a fantastic tool when you’ve exhausted all other troubleshooting options and the problem is related to Windows. This reset process keeps your personal files (if you explicitly choose that method), removes any software you have installed, and then reinstalls Windows, resolving the 0x0 0x0 error.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Windows Settings and go to System.
- From the left pane of the System window, select Recovery.
- Click the Get Started button under Reset this PC in the right panel.
- Begin the recovery process.
- Now, depending on your preferences, select either Keep my files or Remove everything.
- Select the options for storing my files.
- The next screen will ask you to choose between “Cloud download” and “Local reinstall.”
When your system is generally operating normally and you simply want to clear out your data and settings and start over, reinstalling locally is your best option. If you have corrupted system files, cloud download may be of assistance.
- To proceed, click the Next button.
Finally, press the Reset button and wait for the process to finish. The 0x0 0x0 problem should be resolved after restarting.
You can Watch Some Methods of How to Fix 0x0 Error in the video given below:
TIP: If you’ve tried everything and the problem still persists, try using the Restoro Repair Tool, which will search your repositories and replace any corrupt or missing files. This works in most cases where a system corruption causes the problem. Restoro will also optimize your system to run at peak efficiency.
Checkout: Computer Bottlenecking